Today, it has taken place the first successful flight of the Airbus A 350 from Toulouse airport. This is a project that Airbus has worked for eight years, and now it has taken off with great force.Their wings, 32 meters long and 6 meters wide, is the biggest carbon fiber part ever built in aeronautics. (Source: RTVE)
As our CEO, Rafael Contreras, and our CEO of Carbures USA, Ivan Contreras, were presenting the company to institutional investors at the Rockefeller Center in New York, our Chief Financial Officer, Juan Juarez, went to Spain Investors Day (SID) in Madrid.
Our CEO, Rafael Contreras, and our Financial Vice President, Juan Juárez, have given more evidence on how committed they personally are with the company and with all of us, who are a vital part of it. In 2013, Rafael and Juan have increased their stake in the company up to 19.71 and 8 per cent, respectively.
The Aerospace & Defense Supplier Summit is taking place during these days in Seattle, the most important event of the aeronautics sector which is held every two years with the assistance of more than 800 companies. It offers, among other things, the opportunity to participate in discussions on cutting edge technology, strategy and implementation of solutions to forward thinking aerospace and defense companies; to make new business connections and strengthen existing ones
Last week, our coworker from Carbures USA, Kristin Canon, had the opportunity to attend like a guest speaker at the Donaldson Career Center, in the Greenville County School District. This district is the largest in the State of South Carolina, they have one of the best vocational training programs and they are looking to expand their technical training program to include Composite Manufacturing.
The Company signs an engineering contract for €11 million with the Mexican Giant.
• The engineering of oil rigs is the first step towards starting to construct them with composite materials which can replace metal due to their anticorrosive capacity and duration.
• The contract with Pemex will last for 27 months. Carbures intends to spread its activity in Mexico, including the automotive and aeronautical sectors
Madrid 17th August 2015. Carbures takes steps towards moving into the oil business. The Company, specialised in the design and manufacturing of composite materials has signed a contract for 200 million Mexican Pesos (11 million euros) for the development of petrol platforms and other infrastructures with Mexican Oil company, Pemex. Carbures signed a contract with Pemex through its Mexican office, PYPSA, and the engineering tasks are limited to the oil assets that the Mexican Oil Company has in the Northern and Southern marine regions of Mexico.
They confirmed the contract in August 2015, with a d
Capitalise loans, reduce net debt by 35% and obtain financial resources in order to grow.
* The Company reduces its net debt by 35% with regards to the 2014 financial year, which establishes it at 66 million, strengthening the company financially which will allow the company to keep growing and to meet its business plan.
* Carbures will thereby be strengthened and will have the necessary financial resources which will allow them to move forward with their business plan and organic growth.
El Puerto de Santa María, 13th of August, 2015. Carbures introduces an increase in capital of 30.9 million which will allow them to strengthen its financial capacity which will allow them to continue growing as a company and to fulfil its business plan. This will be approved tomorrow in the General Assembly of the Company in its second session, which will take place in El Puerto de Santa María, where the company has its business headquarters.
The industrial technological Group regulates its financial debt situations and continues growing.
• The industrial technological Group signs refinancing debt agreements with BBVA for four million and with Bankia for three million.
• By having obtained 27 million in private financing, and by means of this refinancing agreement for a total of seven million, Carbures regains confidence from the financial market and continues with its industrial routing sheet.
Madrid, Monday, 1st June, 2015. Carbures shows signs of confidence from the financial market: on the one hand, it has managed to gain the trust of the banks in order to refinance debts. Following the signing of various private financial agreements in the last six months, for 27 million euros, Carbures has sealed two refinancing debt agreements with BBVA and Bankia for a total amount of seven million, of which four million have arisen from an agreement with the first bank, and the remaining three from an agreement with Bankia. The new calendars for the repayment of debts which have been agreed to with the aforementioned financial entities involve the deferral of payments of 4.4 million euros arising from these loans until 2016.
27 million invested in six months in order to continue to promote the growth of the Company.
• Black Toro and the Industrial group Anangu have reiterated their confidence in Carbures with a new private equity injection, meaning an investment of more than 27 million euros into the Company in just six months.
• Carbures will be joined by two supporting financial partners in the Company's capital by means of an increase in capital.
Madrid, Thursday 28th May, 2015. Carbures received financial backing allowing them to keep growing and to move towards the faithful fulfilment of its business plan. Two of their supporting partners, the Catalan industrial group, Anangu Grup and the investment fun, Black Toro Capital (BTC), have once again affirmed their confidence in Carbures by signing two new credits for four million and two million respectively, for a period of three years and with an interest rate of six percent. These new investments are added to the eight million invested by BTC last January, and to the 13 million which were invested by Anangu last December, therefore meaning that the absolute investment by both parties totals 27 million in a period of six months. Both BTC and Anangu have expressed interested in continuing to increase their share in the Company which will be carried out by means of an increase in capital.
The Company takes on two new financial experts, one specialising in international markets and the other in industry.
• Ignacio Foncilas, an associate of Black Toro Capital and expert in the financial processes in the American market, in which comprehensive support is offered to technological and industrial companies.
• The financial and industrial knowledge of Jordi Lainz, economist and Financial Director (CFO) of Eurofred, will provide great assistance to the company allowing them to benefit from his experience in companies in the aeronautical and automotive sectors.
Madrid, on Wednesday, 27th of May, 2015. Carbures moves forward with its commitment to improving its good corporative governing practices in order to keep pace with the consolidation process and its organic growth as well as to allow the company to adapt to the good practices of the continuous market.
Investment in technology to allow them to increase their capacity in the manufacturing of plane parts made with fibres.
• Carbures increases its manufacturing capacity with the introduction of the ramp up, or with the steady increase in its manufacturing for their main clients in the aeronautical sector.
• It has acquired technology which allows it to increase the speed of its milling of mechanical pieces, tenfold, the final part of the industrial manufacturing process of carbon fibre plane parts: before this was done by means of a traditional milling process, but now with this new technology, it means that up to ten pieces can be milled at the same time and with higher millimetrical precision.
• This new technology is installed in the company's Jerez de la Frontera Plant, which is the Group's largest aeronautical plant.
Madrid, 16th of March, 2015. Carbures increases the cruise control in the manufacturing processes in the aeronautical sector. The Company has acquired a technology called BR25, a machining centre which allows them to multiple tenfold, the industrial output in the final phase of the manufacturing process, which consists of the cutting and the milling of the pieces. This new technology allows Carbures to face the increasing demand of orders in the aeronautical sector and which is used at the same time as the ramp up, thereby leading to a steady increase in manufacturing for their aeronautical clients. The BR25 has been designed by the company EPMM, specially for the mechanisation of carbon fibre pieces which require strict specifications which are based on the current aeronautical programmes.
A new repair facility is available, from today, at the R&D&I plant of the Group, located in El Puerto de Santa María.
The company diversifies its activities with this new business line and becomes the first Group to offer a full manufacturing and repair service in Spain.
Carbures has the necessary technology required to offer repair services, called Sicoteva, a kind of "electric blanket", which is laid over the area to be repaired. It applies heat to that area and hardens it.
Madrid, February 4, 2015. Carbures completes the industrial process loop of carbon fiber. The Company has launched a new business line, the repair of composite parts and structures, that complements the manufacturing one, thus offering a full technological-industrial service to the market. The new repair facility of the R&D&I plant of the Group, which is located in El Puerto de Santamaría, provides its services, initially, in the aerospace sector.As a result of the demand and the non-existent supply of this service, Carbures, which have already carried out some exceptional repairs for some of its clients, launches this new business line for the aerospace sector.
Carbures is participating at the 85th edition of the Geneva International Motor Show thanks to the relationship with Spania GTA for the production of exterior parts of the GTA Spano, the first supersporcar in the world which include the most advanced technology in its manufacturing such as graphene. Carbures have been actively involved in the manufacturing of high quality carbon fiber components with strong aesthetical meanings which distinguish the new GTA Spano concept car showing the future potentials of the new materials and technologies and making it a revolutionary product. Carbures strongly contribute to transform the ideas of Spania GTA design team, crafted into the virtual world, into a real product while taking a step forward on its strategic expansion in the automotive field by joining the selected group of concept car makers.
• The fund has granted a loan of EUR eight million with an interest rate of 6 percent.
• BTC has also declared its interest to become, in the medium term, an important shareholder of the Company.
• Carbures has raised EUR 25 million in less than two months, more than the amount raised during the process to be listed on the MAB.
Madrid, January 20, 2015-. Black Toro Capital (BTC), an investment fund focused on the stabilization and growth of Spanish mid-sized companies, has invested in Carbures, a specialized manufacturer of parts and structures made of composite materials, as carbon fiber. This show of confidence by the international investment fund in the Company has been formalized through an EUR 8 million loan, with a three-year interest rate of 6 percent. The objective of the operation is to support the organic growth and business plan of Carbures.