Born out of knowledge on chemistry and after working, investigating, developing and manufacturing with composites since 1999, CARBURES has developed its own know-how and tecnology for producing composite parts and structures of very different kinds: from airplane to car parts, bikes, sports defenses, structures for civil works and others. Knowledge has allowed CARBURES a vast applicability of composite materials to industrial production processes. This is what makes the company unique, worldwide.
Furthermore, experience has allowed the company to develop a car manufacturing tecnology with composite materials that competes with the traditional one, with metals. This techynology is called the Rapid Multi-Injection Compress Process (RMCP) which is a patent that the Group commercializes and is called to revolutionize the car industry worldwide. Composite cars are more efficient and less contaminating. Society demands this kind of vehicle and the law is enforcing car manufacturers to produce vehicles with low carbon dioxide emissions.
As a leading industrial and technological platform for the production of composite structures - plane and car pieces, civil works structures and other - the Group has the acapacity to manufacture tailored parts of all kind and size: from a small tube the size of a finger to a fourteen-feet heavy piece. This allows the company to meet most of the industry demands and highest standards in the different sectors in which operates.
Manufacturing capacity for composite material structures, especially carbon fiber:
• Certified own technological developments, facilities and know-how HLU –Hand, Lay-up–
• 20,000 sq of manufacturing capabilities in Spain (Illescas, Jerez and El Puerto de Santa Maria)
• 2,500 sq in clean rooms
• 6 last generation autoclaves [pressure vessels used to process parts and materials which require exposure to elevated pressure and temperature, like carbon fiber]. This investment allows the Company to increase tenfold its production capacity in just one year. CARBURES is now ready to put in normal conditions two production cycles per day and autoclave, bringing the capacity to 10 cycles per day. These increased capabilities are unique in the industry and will enable Carbures to differentiate from competitors and to provide faster customer response needs.
• Over 900 employees’ workforce
• 18 sites spread over key international markets (The Americas, Europe an Asia)
• Strategic headquarters set worldwide for different industries (aerospace, automotive, train, civil works…)
• Registered own RMCP (Rapid Multi-injection Compress Process) technology. a complex press that shortens the process of linear manufacturing of composite parts. that is expected to revolutionize the car industry by building the technology that allows to produce larges series of car parts in carbon fiber, making it competitive in both time and number, with the traditional car manufacturing model with metal parts.
• RTM (Resin Transfer Molding)
• VARTM (Vacuum Assistant Transfer Molding)